The Automated Standpipe system operates in a “Pre-paid” environment:
- Customers have the option of updating “value” (not a water balance) on their Account at the Automated Standpipe utilizing their debit or credit card; or, updating their Account at the Authority’s Business Office with cash, debit card, credit card, check or money order.
- Water drawn from the Automated Standpipe is charged at the current month’s Commercial Base and LEAC rates.
To receive water at the Authority’s standpipe facilities, the Customer – upon arrival – must align the vehicle for loading at the loading facility. Certified Water Haulers will have unlimited access to the large and small loading facilities. Private or Commercial Users will be limited to using the small loading facility only.
Certified Water Haulers will insert the downpipe into their Tank and strap the other end of the downpipe onto the large Standpipe Arm; the Private or Commercial User will connect their garden hose to the small Standpipe Spigot and insert the other end of the hose into their tank.
To energize the system, the Customer:
- Walks up to the control box at the Standpipe Enclosure.
- Selects No. 1 for the large Standpipe Arm or No. 2 for the small Standpipe Spigot, and then proceeds to swipe their card.
- Enters their security PIN number.
- Presses the green button to start the flow of water. Customers utilizing the Standpipe Arm will have the option of slowing the flow (to approximately 100 GPM) by pressing the yellow button.
- Presses the red button to terminate the flow of water.
The Customer then demobilizes by inversely removing the downpipe or their garden hose.
The Customer – at their discretion – can request a receipt by:
- Walking up to the control box at the Standpipe Enclosure.
- Selecting the Print Receipt option.
- Swiping their card.
- Entering their security PIN number.
- Selecting the desired transaction from a list of previous transactions.
- Removing the printed receipt. Receipts can be reprinted if lost or damaged.
If the Automated Standpipe system malfunctions, Customers should contact the Water Department’s emergency number – on their respective island – immediately. Emergency contact information is posted at each Automated Standpipe location.